Use this Free Resource of Employee Engagement Top 10 Lists to Motivate and Enthuse Employees in Your Workplace.
The Employee Engagement Top 10 book, edited by David Zinger, Employee Engagement Network founder and host, is a community project from thirty-two network contributors. These leading thinkers and experts on employee engagement share their practical approaches and perspectives, with each listing a top 10, be it in cartoon form, how-tos, or principles to work by.
- Start at the top—Find a business metric executives will respond to (she used the salary & benefits dollar cost of the “actively disengaged”—which was over $500 million!) and get them excited about the effort.
- Choose the right champions—Activate early adopters who are passionate about the concept and about driving change.
- Focus on a bold goal—Choose a metric and date as a target two or three years out.
- Energize your HR function—As a strategic business partner, HR must be accountable for ensuring engagement is part of local business strategies and is taken seriously in talent-related decisions.
- Hold managers accountable—Focus on behavior change and require managers to report results on actions they’ve taken to impact engagement in their teams.
- Celebrate and replicate those who engage—Find formal and informal ways to recognize and reward your managers and associates who are great at engagement.
- Recruit and promote for engagement—Put people into management positions who will be successful at engaging their associates.
- Develop for engagement—Make sure engagement—the “how to” but also the compelling reasons why, and what the organization will hold them accountable for delivering—is on the learning and development agenda.
- Remove systemic barriers—Listen to your frontline associates and have senior leadership address barriers in addition to direct manager-associate conversations.
- Focus on chronic under-performers—If a manager’s team scores low on surveys three times in a row, get involved and create a personalized engagement action plan.
Have you checked out this free book? What’s your favorite top 10 list?
About gThankYou, LLC
Turkey Or Ham Gift Certificates by gThankYou! are one of America’s favorite employee gifts and can be redeemed for any Brand whole Turkey or half or whole Ham, at virtually any Grocery Store in the U.S.
gThankYou, LLC provides company leaders with a variety of easy, meaningful and affordable ways to recognize and reward employees, holiday time or anytime. gThankYou! Certificates of Gratitude and free Enclosure Cards are personalizable including incorporating your company logo, and ship same day.
gThankYou, LLC (www.gthankyou.com) is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Contact: Rick Kiley, Chief ThankYou! Officer, gThankYou, LLC at email@example.com or 888-484-1658.
Follow the Company Blog – “Celebrating Work”.
Watch our gThankYou! YouTube Video – “Learn More About Us”.
“G” logo and “Certificates of Gratitude” are trademarks and “gThankYou” is a registered trademark of gThankYou, LLC.