For some, it’s all about the football. Others love it for the wacky ad spots. But for many, food is an important part of any Super Bowl.
With the Green Bay Packers playing the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl 45 this year, more people we know are hosting big parties with big eats. Planning our menu this week, I was reminded that ham is the perfect centerpiece for your Super Snack Table, regardless of whether you favor Green and Gold or Gold and Black.
Here are some tasty and fun ways to add ham to your Super Table this year:
- Ham and Cheese bites: A make-ahead Super Snack you can bake ongame day.
- Another make-ahead appetizer, particularly if you love working with yeast: Country Ham and Cheddar Pretzel Bites.
- No suitable Wisconsin table is without a cheese ball. Here’s a simple Ham and Cheese version to serve with your favorite cracker assortment.
- Pittsburgh is famous for its ham, which they make into BBQ Chipped Chopped Ham Sandwiches.
- A favorite ham sandwich pared down for game noshing: Mini Muffalettas.
- A crowd-pleasing sandwich bar featuring ham minimizes kitchen work.
- Don’t forget small bites, like these Ham and Dill Pickle bites
Which team has the best eats? I won’t speculate, but plenty of others have weighed in on this food fight, including the Mouse House Kitchen. What’s your take?